Picked this recipe up from a Waitrose card a year ago, and have been using it since! A delicious, light, fruity salad, perfect for summers. I made this at a little BBQ with friends/family the other day, and everyone who had it commented on how delicious this salad was, so thought I would share it. I have added a few extra things/subbed some things from the original recipe, which I have marked with a little ‘+’ sign. Enjoy!
- 8cm piece cucumber, halved, (peeled and) de-seeded, and roughly sliced
- finely grated zest and juice of 1 lime
- 1 tsp fish sauce
- +1 tsp toasted sesame oil (or sunflower oil, as in the original recipe)
- 1 large mango, stoned, skinned, and cut into batons
- 200g (roughly) cooked prawns (you can use ready-cooked, defrosted cooked, or cook your own)
- 2 gem lettuces/ 1 romaine lettuce
- 2-4 salad onions, finely sliced
- small bunch coriander, roughly chopped
- +sesame seeds
- +finely sliced fresh chillies
- +handful mint leaves, chopped
- Combine the dressing (lime zest & juice, fish sauce, oil) in a large bowl.
- Add salad ingredients: cucumber, mango, prawns, lettuce, salad onions, coriander, mint.
- Garnish with sesame seeds, chilli, and more coriander/mint if desired.
- Chill, and serve when needed. Enjoy!