I usually have this recipe with rice, which is surprisingly filling meal. I love that honey-soy sauce combo, and the taste of aubergines for me is just heavenly! Enjoy this super easy recipe 🙂
To make this recipe gluten-free: use gluten-free soy sauce
This recipe is: veggie, vegan, dairy-free
- 4 tbsp dark soy sauce
- 2 tbsp honey
- 4 tbsp boiling water
- 1 aubergine, cut into large chunks
- 1 red onion, cut into rough chunks
- 2 cloves garlic, finely sliced
- 1/2 tsp chilli flakes
- finely sliced spring onions (garnish)
- chopped coriander (garnish)
- toasted sesame seeds (garnish)
- cooked rice
- Make the marinade in a large dish or bowl: soy sauce, honey, water, garlic and chilli flakes. Mix until combined.
- Add the aubergines and onions, and coat. Can be left in the fridge for a day (probably two days).
- Heat oven to 180C fan. Once at temperature, transfer aubergines and red onions into a baking tray/dish and bake for 30-40 minutes, turning half way through.
- Have hot rice ready to serve at the same time as the aubergine is ready.
- Garnish with spring onions, coriander, and sesame seeds, and serve!