For real, not much beats a homemade pizza, so here’s my go-to recipe (courtesy of Sorted) for pizza dough (obviously with homemade tomato sauce, and all the delicious toppings!).
This dough recipe is veggie, vegan and dairy free.
Ingredients (dough only):
- 320ml warm water
- 1 packet dried yeast (7g)
- 500 g strong white flour
- Olive oil (amount will depend on how wet/dry your dough is)
- 1 pinch salt
- 2-3 tsp garlic powder
- Pour yeast into water and stir to let it get a head start on activating.
- Pour all dry ingredients into a bowl or standmixer with a dough hook attachment.
- Add the yeast-water mixture to the bowl and combine to form the dough. Add olive oil (start with 1 tbsp and add more if needed) until the dough reaches a smooth, soft texture (if too wet, add more flour – if too dry, add more water or olive oil).
- Knead the dough until soft and elastic. This will take 5-ish minutes in a standmixer, roughly 10 minutes by hand.
- Leave the dough in a bowl, covered in a tea towel, to prove for 45-60 minutes, or until doubled in size.
- Meanwhile, prepare your tomato sauce and toppings.
- Heat oven to the maximum fan temperature.
- Divide your dough into 5-6 balls (for medium-large sized pizzas) and roll out as thinly as possible to the size of your baking tray.
- Spread the tomato sauce, then all your toppings of choice on your pizza.
- Bake for approximately 10 minutes, then serve!