Oh Donal Skehan you genius, this recipe was absolute magic. SO tasty and fresh, and so so easy & quick too. Unfortunately, the only noodles I had was spaghetti, and I was too impatient to wait until I’d gotten better ‘noodles’ to make this dish with. In any case, everything still turned out delicious!
I’ll leave you with the original recipe, but I did 1/2 the recipe, and added a few extras such as coriander & lime juice. (I also didn’t have sesame seeds).
To make this gf: use any gf-noodle, such as rice noodles.
To make this vegan: use any egg-free noodle (e.g. rice noodles).
- 5 tbsp peanut butter (smooth/crunchy up to you)
- 1 tbsp (dark) soy sauce
- 1 tbsp rice wine vinegar*
- 3 tbsp chilli oil**
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- 1 clove garlic, finely grated***
- 1 thumbsized piece ginger, finely grated***
- 1 red chilli, finely sliced
- 400g dried noodles
- 6 spring onions, finely sliced
- 2 tbsp sesame seeds, toasted
- chopped coriander, to garnish
- juice of 1 1/2 limes
*I didn’t have any, so used red wine vinegar
**know how spicy your chilli paste/oil is beforehand, so you know how much to put in
***a grater is perfect to get a fine mince
- Cook noodles as instructed on packet.
- Meanwhile, throw all your sauce ingredients into a pan: peanut butter, soy sauce, vinegar, chilli oil/paste, sesame oil, garlic, ginger. Heat until melted, adding water to loosen to a sticky, saucy consistency.
- When noodles are cooked, drain and add them to the sauce. Toss through, and add extra sliced chilli, spring onions, coriander, sesame seeds and lime juice and desired.