Here in France, this is one of our family’s favourite apperatif nibbles. I’ve adapted this a little from my mum’s ‘gambas pil pil’, but I’ve had no complaints! Great for drinks nibbles, or perhaps even as a starter. Enjoy 🙂
- 200g cooked & drained prawns
- 200g spicy chorizo, sliced into rounds
- 1/4 bulb garlic, chunked
- 1 white onion, roughly sliced
- salt & pepper
- fresh herbs to garnish (optional! parsley or chives would work well)
- Throw the chorizo and the onions together into a frying pan on high heat.
- Constantly stir, and ensure the chorizo slices get colour on both sides.
- Once the chorizo and onions have got a generous amount of colour (don’t be afraid of burning little bits, it adds more depth to the flavour!), throw in the garlic and the prawns.
- Turn off the heat, but keep stirring through – this will warm through the prawns/cook the garlic in the remaining heat. Season to taste.
- Serve warm, with a garnish of fresh herbs.
(Tip: put down some kitchen roll in a serving dish to soak up the excess oils)