Ever since I read Becky’s Biscuit Bases’ recipe (here x) a few months ago, I’ve been so excited to recreate her Eton Mess cheesecake – berries, white chocolate, meringue pieces, all in a cheesecake, can things get much better?? I went a little ad-lib on the decorations, and added extra berries and a marbled raspberry gel to the cheesecake mix. It was also a perfect excuse to use a sprinkling of my dried berry powders. But, essentially, thank you to the cheesecake queen Becky herself for the gorgeous recipe, I hope I didn’t destroy your recipe too much!
- 1:2 ratio, egg white:caster sugar.
- Whisk the egg whites in a clean bowl until stiff (hold the bowl upside-down above your head to check!)
- While waiting for the egg whites to whisk up, put your sugar in an oven proof dish in the oven
- Slowly by slowly add the hot sugar to the egg mixture & whisk (I find a stand-alone mixer extremely handy for this)
- Whisk the egg-sugar mixture until the sugar has dissolved, rub it between your fingers to check the texture. It should be smooth, if it’s still grainy, keep whisking!
- oven: low and slow! 140C is a good baseline, but even lower is fine. Bake until the meringues peel away clean from the baking parchment.