Last time I had an essay due, I ended up making pancakes for the girls instead of actually working on my essay. Another essay, you say? Well, what to make this time round? Why, waffles of course 😉
They were so easy, quick, and incredibly delicious – the perfect procrasticooking snack!
- 250g self-raising flour
- 20g caster sugar
- pinch salt
- 475ml milk
- 2 eggs (thanks Briony)
- 30g melted butter
- Turn on your waffle-maker (essential for making waffles. I mean, I guess you could use a griddle pan and flip them over half way through cooking, but things could get very messy).
- Mix dry ingredients in a bowl.
- Beat your eggs & melted butter into the milk.
- Add the wet to the dry ingredients until combined and lump-free (tip: add the milk mixture slowly!).
- Make your waffles. Our waffle machine took about 3 minutes per waffle, but every maker will be different so test out different timings to get the optimum for you.
- CONSUME YOUR WAFFLES. I had Nutella and flaked almonds on mine, but there was honey, maple syrup, bananas, blueberries, pear, pomegranate, honey and even condensed milk going around the table, so use whatever toppings you’ve got going and enjoy your waffles fresh and hot 🙂