Really nothing very fancy here. Simply four ingredients that come together like a beautifully tuned orchestral explosion on your tastebuds. With the crunch and chewiness of the bagel, the creaminess and zing of the toppings, and the freshness of the garnish, this speedy breakfast (or lunch, you decide) has it all. Here’s what your going to need.
- 1 bagel
- Cream cheese (I use Philadelphia Light)
- Thai sweet chilli sauce
- Squeeze of lime (optional)
The method is pretty self-explanatory from the photograph, but I shall fill it out anyway just for the completeness of this post.
- Slice your bagel in half and pop it in the toaster. If your bagel comes pre-sliced, even better; that’s less work for you 😉
- Grab a chopping board and roughly chop a small bunch of coriander while you’re waiting for your bagel to toast. If you’re lazy enough, skip this step out and simply rip up the leaves with your hands instead. (That means less washing up anyway.)
- When your bagel is toasted – toasting intensity is totally up to you – spread on an even layer of cream cheese.
- Drizzle over some Thai sweet chilli sauce. Again, quantity is up to you.
- Scatter over the chopped coriander. A squeeze of lime would really make this dish sing, but it’s perfectly delicious without.
- Ta-da! A beautiful, delicious, fresh breakfast knocked up in around five minutes.